Dear South Beaver Dam Parents,
South Beaver Dam PTO is about parents and teachers working together toward a common goal. That goal is creating a better school and a better educational experience for our children. We strive to create an atmosphere where teachers and administrators can do their best work—and so can our children.
Here are the things we sponsor with the funds we generate:
- Much needed supplies for the classrooms
- Sports Equipement for recess or to use during gym class
- PBIS rewards for the kids.
- Celebration Events such as Bowling, Movies, or School Fun Days
- Funding and snacks for events such as 5th grade graduation
- Provided funds to sponsor field trips for the classrooms.
- Funded their last day of school activities by providing a picnic lunch from Subway and inflatables they enjoyed at school
We are asking for your help to continue the good work the PTO does. If we do not get participation and new members, the PTO will not be able to continue.
Roles of PTO volunteers:
- Fund Raiser Chairperson - coordinates sale dates, communicates with parents and the vendor, handles the money, compiles the sales results and coordinates distribution at school.
- School Supply Chairperson - obtains the supply list from the school district, coordinates with the vendor on sale dates, communicates with parents, handles the money, compiles the sales results and handles distribution at school.
- Box Top Chairperson - collects the box tops from school, sets up classroom contests, counts the box tops and sends to the vendor. Based on results from the contents, she also plans a reward for the class that she does with the class. (An example would be cookie decorating. PTO provided the cookies, decorations and the chairperson gave her time to take that to the class and work with them.)
- Book Fair Chairperson- works with Scholastics and the school to coordinate the book fairs and what items to sell. Coordinate staffing of the fair, handle the money, take care of devilery and sending it back. From the book fair, not only do we have the proceeds but we also get to pull books for the classrooms.
- Campbell Soup Label Chairperson - collects the labels from school, counts them and sends to the vendor. Once complied the school is able to go online to get things the kids need like outside toys for recess or items for gym
- Spirit Wear Chairperson - works with Design Plus in town to make up a sales sheet and distributes to parents, collects money and handles the orders and distribution at school.
Won’t you join us? It’s easy— and it really makes a difference!
Dawn Kuzniewicz, President of South Beaver Dam PTO